Sunday 21 June 2009

break!


yes, the studying has finally come to an end, and now it is time for a well-earned break.

I am currently in the midst of packing my room and waiting for my final load of laundry to be done. my clothes are mostly still unpacked, and my desk is a complete mess. bits and pieces lie here and there -- i have no idea how i accumulated so many things! i must somehow find a way to get rid of them.

I had my last paper yesterday morning. dental microbiology and immunology. with 33 lectures in total containing all the mumbo jumbo of bacteria, fungi and virus names, their diseases, their vaccines, and all the names of the molecules and cells involved in immunology (think of abbreviations like ADCC, CDK, CMI, APC, IL-1, IL-2, TNF, IF, TCR, BCR, NK etc etc), i wasnt planning to sleep at all. it was my last paper and i might as well go all the way right? read on.

2am - we are all in the college library, burning the midnight oil wayyyy past midnight. Russell finally gets up and says he is going to bed after nodding of at the table for about 10 minutes. He tells me to wake him up at 4.30am.

4.30am - i am sleepy. i just need to go through for a 2nd time my 2nd part of notes. i wake Russell up and go down to brush my teeth

4.35am - i call him a SECOND time. "Don't go back to sleep yah! i'm going to sleep. make sure i'm awake by 6!" i say. "Mmmmm!" was the reply. no words -.-

6am - my phone alarm rings. i hit snooze.

6.09am - my snooze alarm rings. i switch it off and lie in bed a while.

8.42am - i wake up, squint at my phone and SPRANG out of bed. my paper was at 9am. Russ was still in bed. Surprise, surprise.

i didnt even brush my teeth. i grabbed whatever clothes i could find and put them on. gathered my notes (goodness knows why. i had no time to go through them again) and ran out of college. Lucky i live across the road from uni.

I was just in time to walk in with everyone else and sit down at my table. Phew. Thank God i woke up just in time! any later, and i would have had a very stressful winter break. THANK YOU GOD!

No comments: