Tuesday 9 June 2009

Ants in my ears

I remember years ago when i was young, i made a general visit to the doctor's. For some reason that I can't remember, he decided to have a peek into my ears, with a whatever-you-call-it-scope. He looked at me after switching off his instrument and said,
"You have ants in your ears!"
He wore a smirk, and I looked up at him, trying to read his expression. Was he kidding? In my childish mind i somehow found it insulting. Ants in my ears! He didnt say my younger sister had them! I tried to picture it. Ants walking among ear was in an unknown world. Or maybe they got stuck? And why wasn't the doctor doing anything to get them out??

But now, i'm wondering where all that wax would come from. And i suppose all the docotr could see was my tympanic membrane/eardrum at the end of the tunnel that is my auditory canal? too bad we're only studying anatomy and not physiology this year. or maybe that's a good thing. haha ;)

Study period has been having it's usual effects on my lately. Just the other day i saw the superior and inferior colliculi of the brain on an orange. And what about willing my prefrontal cortex to do a good job and get me motivated for study?
Oh, and i also saw the false and true vocal cords on my room door. oh, the insanity!

Happy studying and good luck in exams :)

P.S. microbiology is going so slowly! Do they really expect us to know streptococcusmutans-staphylococcusaureus-porphynomonasgingivalis-clostridiumtetani-bacillusanthracis-supercallifragelisticespiallidocious and their characteristics and functions and diseases all by heart?!

1 comment:

b@wee said...

LONG LIVE THE PROKARYOTES!!!